Digital Commons @ Shawnee State University: Accessibility Statement
Digital Commons @ Shawnee State University is committed to making digital content accessible to individuals with disabilities. The following information provides details related to the ADA standards compliance and accessibility features of this site. If you would like additional assistance or have accessibility questions about Digital Commons @ Shawnee State University, please contact bepress Consulting Services via email at or by phone at 510.665.1200 ext. 2.
- All static pages follow U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- All static pages follow priorities 1 & 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All static pages validate as HTML5.
- All static pages on this site use structured semantic markup.
H2tags are used for main titles,
H4tags for subtitles.
Web pages on Digital Commons @ Shawnee State University include 4 different areas:
- A header bar that includes the main navigation,
- A main content area,
- A side bar,
- A footer.
When CSS (Cascading Styles Sheet) are not applied to a document (or when using a screen reader), the 4 areas are read in the above order.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1
- Digital Commons @ Shawnee State University Home Page
- Access key 2
- Main Content
- Access key 3
- My Account
- Access key 4
- Access key 0
- Accessibility Statement
Additional navigation aids
Search results can be navigated by using the following access keys:
- Access key f
- First results page
- Access key n
- Next results page
- Access key p
- Previous results page
- Access key l
- Last results page
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have suitable
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- URLs are permanent whenever possible.
- All form controls are appropriately and explicitly labeled.
Pop up Windows
- In visual browsers, the title attribute of links to external resources says "opens in new window".
- Browsers with Popup Blockers should be able to access these external documents.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Any information conveyed through the use of color is also available without color (i.e. text based).
- W3 accessibility guidelines, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 accessibility guidelines.
- bepress Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT)